END OF YEAR SHOW 1
KEEP SCROLLING TO READ THROUGH OUR WHOLE PROGRAM
From studio, to online learning and back to the studio, it has been a whirlwind of change for everyone this year. The resilience and adaptability shown by our teachers and students has been amazing and we are so pleased we actually got here today, live on stage performing for our wonderful audience.
Our highlight this year was the determination and commitment of our Dare To Shine students and parents to continue with classes even if it meant online learning and transforming the lounge room into a dance space. Our biggest disappointment was the cancellation of our Disneyland performance and missing out on our amazing trip. We look forward to rebooking our trip for 2022.
We are all eager to get back into routine next year and providing fresh, new and exciting lessons for our students.
We thank our Dare To Shine community for their patience and support this year with our End of Year show, especially as it was not confirmed until mid October giving us less than 8 weeks to organise it all. We had to deal with delivery delays, costume malfunctions and COVID restrictions, but we made it and are ecstatic our students didn't miss out on performing in front of a live audience this year.
A BIG thank you to our parents Cherie Green, Kathy Frousalias, Lucy Xenos and Dianne Panagopoulos that have assisted us throughout the year at competitions and at the show today. Your help is invaluable and we greatly appreciate your dedication.
Last but not least a huge thank you to teaching and office staff for their dedication and amazing work ethic and always caring above and beyond the call of duty.
MEET OUR 2019 EXCELLENCE AWARD RECIPIENTS
At the age of 6, Charlize began dancing with D2S, starting off with just Hip Hop, and Singing and Acting. Now, at the age of 16, she is celebrating her 10th year at the studio, and has danced almost every style possible. Her passion to perform has been heavily influenced by all the amazing teachers at the studio, and she thanks every one of them for developing her into the performer that she is today.
Stella has been a dance student at Dare to Shine since 2009 and a singing and acting student since 2016. Versatile in all styles of performing arts, her passions are ballet and singing. She is very excited to perform for you today.
Amara is 13 years old and has been dancing with Dare to Shine since 2014 when she was 7 years old.She is trained in all styles of dance, as well as acting and singing, and has brought her passion to the stage in many competitions, shows and community events.She is passionate about dance and drama and loves to perform and take part in competitions. By being able to express herself through performance is what drives her to work harder and be ambitious about her future.
In 2014 Madeline joined D2S as a ballet student and loved it so much she took up all styles of dance the next year. Her love of dance has blossomed over the years with a particular passion for musical theatre. She loves nothing more than to get onto the stage with her friends and perform.
SHOW 1 PART A
1) Int - Senior Performance lasses - 90s MEGAMIX
2) Jun A Tues & Wed classes Jazz - Living La Vida Loca
3) Wed Junior B Jazz/Tap Class Tap - STOP Spice Girls
4) Tues Int contemporary class - here with me
5) PS Acrobatics class - It's alright
6) Teen Wed Hip hop - Get up
7) Jun A/Tiny Stars Wed hip hop class - Hip hop Pump it
8) PS/ Senior Tues Tap Classes – Alright Janet Jackson
9) Wed Junior B Jazz/Tap Class Jazz - Spice up your life
10) Thurs Jun b/Int contemporary class - Angels
11) Teen Wed Jazz/Cont Class Jazz - No scrubs
12) Thurs PS Performance team Contemporary - Numb & Getting Colder
13) Jun A Tues & Wed classes Tap - La Bomba
14) Jun B/Int Wed Hip Hop – Break dance Ohh wee
15) Solo performance 201 Junior Trophy winner- Amara Stronach
16) Intermediate acro class - Samba
17) Int/Teen Wed Tap class - Stronger
18) PS Acting/singing class Singing - Price tag
19) Senior Contemporary Class – TRNDSTTR
20) Solo performance 2019 Senior Trophy winner Stella
21) Intermediate Performance class Jazz - Jai Lo mix
22) PS/Senior performance classes - RIO
2020 CECCHETTI BALLET EXAMS
Under the experienced guidance of Miss Georgia, Miss Emma, Miss Veronica and Miss Sarah, ballet exam results were of the highest standard with 100% of scores at an honours level. Special mention to senior student Catie Broadbent scoring an impressive 95/100 for her Intermediate majors exam. Congratulations Erin Ihsan-Ly for the highest grade 5 score and the highest overall exam score of 98/100. A further congratulations to Akasha Hopwood-Craig for the highest grade 3 result this year of 95/100 .
ALL 2020 EXAM STUDENTS
INTERMEDIATE EXAM STUDENTS
GRADE 3 EXAM STUDENTS
GRADE 5 EXAM STUDENTS
2021 Timetable now available
Enrol before Thursday 17 December to secure your 2021 classes
Classes fill up fast so don't miss out
Enrolment fee refunded for change of mind advised via email by Friday 22 January 2021
Enrolments to the public open from Tuesday 15
December, so let friends and family know
IMPORTANT TERM 4 DATES
Photo days Wednesday 9 & Saturday 12 December
Trophy Day 8– 16 December (to be presented in class)
End of Year party Thursday 17 December 5.30pm – 7.30pm
(to be held at our Marrickville studio)
SHOW 1 PART B
1) PS/Senior ballet select students - You and You waltz
2) Jun B ballet class - Blue Danube waltz
3) Int ballet classes - Tarantella
4) Senior ballet class - The Voices of Spring Waltz
5) Jun A/Tiny Stars Wed hip hop class - Break It takes two
6) Junior Acrobatics class - Pop
7) Int Tues/Wed Jazz Classes - One more time
8) Teen Wed Hip hop Break - Push It
9) Thurs PS Performance team jazz - Believe
10) Jun A Tues & Wed classes Lyrical - Truly, madly, deeply
11) Senior Hip Hop class Hip Hop - Diva
12) Jun B/Int Wed 4.15 ballet class - How do you talk to an angel
13) Junior Performance Class Jazz - Turn the beat around
14) Senior acting/singing class singing - River deep mountain high
15) Advanced Acrobatics class - El Conquistador
16) Jun B/Int Wed Hip Hop – Hip hop Imma bee
17) Senior Jazz Class – Conga
18) Teen Wed Jazz/Cont Class Contemporary - How will I know
19) Solo performance 2019 Junior Trophy winner- Maddie
20) PS hip hop - Party people
21) All students Finale - You can't touch this
OPEN WEEK AND ENROLMENT 2021
Open week and enrolments for 2021
Friday 29 Jan – Thursday 4 Feb 2021
Let your friends and family know
Term 1 lessons commence Friday 29 January 2021